Italy Best Secrets, Travel Itinerary Planning, Accommodation Italy,Travel Italy, Italy Travel Secrets, Bed and Breakfasts Italy,Budget Accommodation Italy,Luxury Accommodation Italy

Italy Best Secrets Italy Best Secrets
   
Italy Best Secrets

Latest News

Notes for your diary

Visit a private castle in Piedmont region at Calosso (Asti province) on a guided tour with the owner only on 29 September.  The visit includes the park of the castle, the chapel, the underground part and the towers.  At the end of the tour, but not compulsory, there will be a wine tasting from four cellars of the area.  Cost: tour 5 Euro, wine tasting 5 Euro.  For bookings telephone +39 339 5971315.  Email: castellodicalosso@gmail.com
************************
There are many celebrations and events this year related to the 500th anniversary of Leonardo da Vinci's death.  This artist, scientist, inventor, designer, engineer, painter, sculptor and more ..... this year's Giro d'Italia includes a stage from Vinci (his home town - 40 kms from Florence) to honour his anticipation of design leading to the modern bike).   From 9 September to 10 October at the Museo del Palazzo Malatestiano, Sala Morganti, Fano (Marche), visitors can enrich their knowledge of Leonardo at the exhibition Searching for Harmony.  Hours: 10.30am - 1.00pm / 5.00pm - 8pm.  
**********************
Spello (Umbria), newly opened archeological museum Roman Imperial age mosaics dating back 2,000 years in a Roman villa called Villa dei Mosaici, located just outside Spello town walls (Sant'Anna locality).  Multimedia audio guide or personal guided tours on reservation at info@villadeimosaicidispello.it.  Open Tuesday to Sunday weekly.  Ticket entry 6 Euro, children 2 Euro.  
******************
Are you a social/recreational/serious cycling fan?   Worth noting is the recently opened cycling path in the Cilento National Park (Campania) .... La Via Silente.  600 km cycling path in a ring shape, starts and finishes along the coast.  70% of the path is on asphalt with the remaining 30% in the hills (the highest point is about 1,900 metres altitude).  Suitable for all types of bikes but mountain bikes may be more suitable.  Each stage is about 35 kms. Check out www.zingarate.com.  Accommodation with special facilities for cyclists is available along the trek.  

*******************

 More on cycling ..... in the Trentino region there are approximately 300 kilometres of cycling paths, from Molveno to Levico going via Pergine and the wine area of Valsugana.  

Emilia Romagna Region:  Did you know there are 10 bike paths that run through nine regional parks and one nature reserve from Piacenza to Romagna?  Various itineraries allow two wheel enthusiasts to enjoy the amazing natural and environmental landscapes that rise and fall among hills and plains, as well as discovering the local historic and architectural wonders, visitors centres, museums and the wildlife rescue centres located along these routes.  More info:  ambiente.regione.emilia-romagna.it 
********************

 


 

 


SUBSCRIBE HERE

Italy Best Secrets
Sign In:
Remember Me

Retrieve Password
Italy Best Secrets
Italy Best Secrets
Latest News

What's coming up in 2019 ....

[more details]
Italy Best Secrets
Add To Favourites   Add Google Bookmarks   Add Yahoo Bookmarks